Adjunct Faculty - Teacher Education: PreK-12
Thank you for your interest in working at William Paterson University.
William Paterson University invites applications for adjunct faculty within the College of Education, Department of Teacher Education: PreK-12.
Thank you for expressing interest in serving as an adjunct faculty member at William Paterson University.
Please note that there may not be a vacancy at this time. Rather, qualified applicants may be contacted if and when there is an immediate need, or on an exploratory basis for a future opening.
For general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses in this department generally taught by adjunct faculty include, but are not limited to:
- Early childhood/elementary language and literacy methods and assessment
- Early childhood/elementary mathematics and science methods and assessment
- Early childhood/elementary classroom environments and the arts
- Early childhood/elementary social studies methods and assessment
- Early childhood special education
- Classroom management and differentiating instruction
- Multicultural education
- Child development and constructivist teaching
The Department of Teacher Education: PreK-12 prepares inquiring and reflective educators to teach in diverse settings from preschool through grade eight in the public schools of New Jersey. Undergraduate and graduate programs are offered to students who are pursuing elementary/early childhood education as a profession and to certified teachers who want to enhance their professional development and practice through graduate study.
For detailed information on the majors and courses, visit https://www.wpunj.edu/coe/departments/elem/?
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using the course outline as a guide, develop relevant syllabi in order to teach course content, objectives, and methods of student assessment for up to six (6) credits per semester in an undergraduate course.
- Contribute to student success by providing consistent and effective support and guidance through role modeling and mentoring.
- Use technology for a variety of teaching and administrative applications.
- Earned Master's or doctorate in the relevant educational field
- Classroom experience at the appropriate grade level
- College teaching and/or staff development experience in diverse settings
- Experience in curriculum development
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Thrives in a collegial, cooperative environment
- Dedicated to excellence and achieving positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Capacity to fulfill professional responsibilities with a strong sense of moral duty and obligation to the work at hand
Click here to view the total rewards of working at WP
William Paterson University is committed to protecting your privacy and will not sell your personal information.
William Paterson University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race or ethnicity, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, civil union status, familial status, religion, national origin or citizenship, military service status, or any other category protected by law. William Paterson University does not discriminate on the basis of any category stated above or as prohibited by applicable law. Individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit University Facts
To apply, visit https://wpunj.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ext/job/William-Paterson-University/Adjunct-Faculty---Teacher-Education--PreK-12_R256
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency