Assistant Professor in Teacher Education (Fall 2024)
The Teacher Education Department within the Dreeben School of Education invites applicants for an Assistant Professor in Teacher Education (tenure-track) beginning fall 2024. Full-time faculty at UIW are expected to teach four courses in the fall semester and four courses in the spring semester.
The position also includes supervising students in field-based placements, engaging in scholarly research, collaborating with public and/or private school partnerships, and providing service to the department, school, University, and larger community.
In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIW Mission. Official duties and responsibilities of faculty members at the University include teaching, scholarship, service and professional activities.
- Participate in curriculum development and advancement of the respective program.
- Prepare course outlines based on approved departmental syllabi.
- Prepare and deliver consistent, interactive undergraduate course lectures in UX/UI and interactive design which align with curriculum goals. Courses taught will primarily be in teacher education, as well as other undergraduate and graduate education courses as needed.
- Work collaboratively with departmental faculty to ensure curriculum outcomes and accreditation standards are met.
- Prepare timely and meaningful exams, projects, and assessments for assigned courses.
- Advise and mentor students; provide individual assistance to students during weekly office hours. Coordinate field experiences for students.
- Conduct respectful relationships with faculty, staff, and students both in and outside the classroom.
- Perform regular scholarly research and publication.
- Provide service to the respective department, college, university, community, and profession.
- Adhere to UIW Faculty Handbook policies and processes including timely record keeping of student activities, fair and equitable evaluation of student performance, and timely feedback to students regarding their performance in the course.
- Adhere to UIW policies and procedures as identified in Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Effective instructional delivery which supports student needs and development, content proficiency, and practical application of coursework;
- Ability to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Proficiency in use of instructional technology;
- Ability to plan and oversee field experiences with community schools and organizations;
- Skills for advising and mentoring students;
- Aptitude for collaboration in teaching, service, and scholarship;
- Knowledge and experience in working with a diverse student population, particularly with first generation college students;
- Ability to collect, analyze and manage data;
- Ability to self manage projects with attention to detail;
- Ability to conduct respectful relationships with students both in and outside the classroom;
- Ability to work collegially and productively within the university community;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures;
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction or related field. Note that ABD will be considered with confirmed conferral of degree by date of assignment.
Required Work Experience
- Three (3) years teaching experience in public schools;
- Evidence of scholarly research commensurate with experience level;
- Experience establishing positive working relationships with colleagues;
- Experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds to support inclusive environments.
- Secondary teaching experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with Residency Programs;
- Texas teaching certification;
- Principal certification;
- Experience with working in and/or establishing school and community organization partnerships;
- Teaching experience at the university level;
- Teaching experience in public schools;
- Bilingual certification and teaching experience.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Valid teaching certification.
Typical for full-time faculty.
Typical for faculty in this discipline.
Posting Number: UN806PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 08/12/2024
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dr. Denise Staudt
Salary: $65,000-$68,000 Annualized
Open Date: 01/31/2024
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/24531
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-622eecf3994ae44785903b8b403a96ff